HIRE Technologies Announces ESG Goals with a Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
TORONTO, ON / ACCESSWIRE / October 4, 2021 – HIRE Technologies Inc. (TSX-V: HIRE) (“HIRE” or the “Company”), announces environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) goals, with a focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (“DEI”):
- Appoint a highly qualified gender diverse candidate to HIRE’s board of directors.
- Implement a DEI Policy, including commitments to anti-racism and ensuring a respectful workplace for all of HIRE’s portfolio companies.
- Provide free training to all HIRE team members focused on Indigenous histories and cultural awareness.
- Form an internal ESG-committee comprised of representatives from HIRE’s portfolio companies.
- Launch a DEI employee resource website to empower our portfolio companies to share, explore, educate and further connect on DEI topics and initiatives.
- Improve internal communications to increase collaborative engagement and build capacity amongst all of HIRE’s portfolio companies.
Earlier this month HIRE announced the addition of Leaders and Co., Consulting in Governance and Leadership Inc. (“Leaders”) to its portfolio of staffing and executive search brands. Leaders is a premier executive search firm with clients across Canada, strong national and international alliances, and a leading Diversity and Indigenous recruitment practice.
“The collective knowledge, experience and resources of our seven diverse brands is deep and immense,” said Simon Dealy, HIRE’s CEO. “As we continue building and growing staffing companies, it is important for us to raise the bar for diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. By making ESG a priority for our portfolio of companies, we believe this will have a positive impact.”
“Leaders is excited to be a part of the HIRE group of companies,” said Laurie Sterritt, Managing Director of Leaders. “As private and public companies and organizations of all sizes have pledged to fulfill the Truth and Reconciliation Commission’s Calls to Action, we have seen a marked increase in demand for Indigenous board and executive search. Furthermore, as social justice and equity issues have become important factors for employers and employees alike, our clients increasingly ask us to lead their projects with a focus on equity and diversity. We are passionate about supporting our clients to improve in the area of DEI and are pleased to play a role in HIRE’s broader commitment to ESG.”
Leaders is at the forefront of Indigenous inclusion. Notable priorities and initiatives include:
- Dedicated Indigenous and diversity practice.
- Leaders holds the Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business (CCAB) Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Gold certification, confirming corporate performance in Aboriginal relations.
- Engagement with Indigenous leaders to learn about and grow their awareness of Canada’s history with Indigenous Peoples.
- Supporting clients to hire Indigenous leaders and facilitating important conversations about creating a truly respectful and inclusive work environment for all.
- Ensuring Indigenous communities and organizations have access to high quality professional services by offering discounted rates.
About HIRE Technologies Inc.
HIRE is investing in and shaping the future of human resource management with a technology-first focus, by consolidating and modernizing the staffing marketplace. The Company owns and operates staffing firms as well as platform technology that it uses to help those firms become more technologically advanced. The Company is a disciplined capital allocator due to its technology DNA and extensive experience in building and growing staffing companies of all types. HIRE has a large recurring revenue base and helps clients manage change in the workplace in order to achieve success. For more information, visit www.hire.company.
Simon Dealy, Chief Executive Officer
Caroline Sawamoto, Investor Relations
Neither the TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.
This news release contains “forward-looking statements” or “forward-looking information” (collectively referred to hereafter as “forward-looking statements”) within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation. All statements that address activities, events, or developments that HIRE expects or anticipates will, or may, occur in the future, including statements about HIRE’s ability to execute on its ESG goals, the timing pertaining to these goals and receipt of applicable consents and approvals, and HIRE’s business prospects, future trends, plans and strategies. In some cases, forward looking statements are preceded by, followed by, or include words such as “may”, “will,” “would”, “could”, “should”, “believes”, “estimates”, “projects”, “potential”, “expects”, “plans”, “intends”, “proposes”, “anticipates”, “targeted”, “continues”, “forecasts”, “designed”, “goal”, “anticipate” or the negative of those words or other similar or comparable words. Although the management of HIRE believes that the assumptions made and the expectations represented by such statements are reasonable, there can be no assurance that a forward-looking statement herein will prove to be accurate. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties, and other factors which may cause the actual results, performance, or achievements of HIRE to be materially different from any future results, performance, or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Although management of the Company has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in forward-looking information, there may be other factors that cause results not to be as anticipated, estimated, or intended. Risks and uncertainties applicable to the Company, as well as trends identified by the Company affecting it and the staffing industry can be found in the Company’s Q2-2021 MD&A and its continuous disclosure record available on SEDAR. Such cautionary statements qualify all forward-looking statements made in this news release. HIRE undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events, or otherwise, except as required by applicable law.